Friday, December 7, 2007

Honey from my honey

As I was preparing for bed last night, my husband magically appeared beside me with a spoon and a squeeze bottle of honey. Apparently, he'd read about the study that found honey soothes kids' coughs better than cough medicine. He wanted to make sure I had a better sleep and so brought me some honey. Awwwww!

I dutifully had a spoonful* and I'm happy to say I had a solid nights sleep. Whether or not it worked or was just a happy coincidence, I'm feeling much more awake this morning than I have all week. *takes an experimental sniff* And I can still breathe out of both nostrils. Bonus! Three cheers for nostrils.

I'm still going to take it easy. If there's one thing I've learned with this cold is that if I overdo it (like on Wednesday night when I went Christmas shopping) I'll wipe myself out. I might just forgo dress shopping and go straight to a night out. A night out with my honey is a special reward with or without a dress :)

* A teaspoon of honey is roughly half a point. And yes, I calculated that before I had it. Haha, the life of someone on Weight Watchers!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Woohoo! Glad you're feeling a little better today :). Hooray for hubby and his magic half-point honey!