Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Kilates

Last night, I was so anxious to get going on some exercise video action I decided to break out the Pilates Weight-loss Workout for Dummies DVD I bought a year ago and never tried. I'm not sure what sort of dummies they tested this on but they're much smarter than me. I'm not the most coordinated person in the world so I wound up feeling like a fish trying to do yoga.

Even still, I got an Activity Point out of it and, when my husband came home, I was in for an unexpected and highly entertaining treat. I told him that I thought he'd enjoy Pilates, so right there and then he started doing the workout. Bear in mind my husband has a black belt in Karate. It started out fine (and somewhat amusing to see him have difficulties with a number of the moves like I did) and then he started adding in Karate poses and kicks.

So Pilates quickly became Kilates and I giggled myself silly watching him flounce around the living room. Yes, maybe exercise doesn't suck. Especially when it's entertaining to watch!

No comments: