Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ten year 10k

Yesterday afternoon I signed my husband and I up to walk a 10k in April. The last time we did this 10k was exactly ten years ago! It was such a wonderful feeling of accomplishment getting across that line after training for months that I want to capture that feeling again. I hope I'm not going through a mid-30s crisis! Regardless, it will be good to start training as it'll fit well with this whole getting healthy and exercise thing.

Plan-wise, things have been going pretty good. I had a rough couple of days earlier this week – I was feeling ill on Monday and consequently didn't eat enough points for that day. The following day was tough because I couldn't seem to do much progress on the "health checks" (6 glasses of water, 2 servings of milk, 5 servings vegetables/fruits, etc. etc. etc.).

But, I've been doing pretty good since then. Next we'll see if I can manage to start walking on my lunch hour again!

No comments: