Monday, August 27, 2007

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something really really really tired

I know some of you have been wondering where I've been since my last post. Well, I'll tell ya. I've been acting as an impromptu wedding organizer for some good friends.

We found out last Sunday that they wanted my husband to be the best man. So there was a flurry of activity in trying to get a tux rented with only a week to spare. Then there was half-marathon training walks, dropping off decorating supplies to the bride, and shopping for new shoes. I know there was more, but last week was kind've a blur.

Saturday was spent on setup - mainly decorating the arch and helping with yardwork. I then found out that we were asked to drive the bride and groom to their hotel after the wedding. This is fine of course, but our car was dirty and we hadn't planned on decorating it. So, the afternoon was spent running around trying to find car decorations, getting the car washed inside and out, and driving around looking for road side stands selling dahlias (more flowers were needed for decorating). The evening was spent fluffing car pompoms, designing a "just married" sign, and making last minute decorations.

Yesterday, being the day of the wedding, saw us up at 6a so that we could get showered, pickup a platter of food, decorate the car, and get to the house by 10a for more setup. After that, it was a bit of a blur. There was so much to do. Flower arranging, food serving, more decorating, making sure everything was where it was supposed to be, getting dressed up, taking pictures, making a toss bouquet on short notice, trying to fix the arch so it wouldn't blow down during the ceremony, serving cake, etc. etc. etc.! And everyone kept asking me wedding questions. Which is funny, because I've only been married once, and that was seven years ago!

I was wearing my pedometer the whole day and wound up clocking over 10,000 steps (half of which in heels!). Food-wise, it was a bit of a write-off. Though I don't think I overate, I wasn't too particular about what I chose. Ah well, I figure all those steps I took has to count for something!

So now I'm at work, dead tired and in need of more caffeine. Tonight we've been asked over for the unwrapping of gifts so it's not quite over. I did manage to get in for my weigh-in and meeting on Saturday morning so I still have to post my results. As soon as I get time, I'll be sure to wave my magic blogger wand and get that posted!

No comments: