Saturday, August 11, 2007

Twenty-seventh weigh-in



I'm down .8 lbs this week. I'm so close to moving into another set of numbers! Not to mention, my BMI is very close to my mini-goal of 29.9. I'm at 30.1 right now and can taste it!

The meeting today was about my favourite topic - food. Thought-provoking topics are great and all, but it's nice to have "fun" topics every so often. We discussed ways of making restaurant foods at home. For example, pizza, Chinese food, Mexican food and so on. I've got some great new ideas on toppings for homemade pizza (Yves pepperoni, light feta, green/red peppers, fresh basil, ground turkey, grilled chicken, and shrimp/prawns) as well as a renewed desire to start using my crockpot more.

Normally, I reserve crockpot cooking for the fall and winter, but one lady said she uses hers all year round, in the summertime especially as a crockpot heats your house up a lot less. What a great idea! So I'm going to sit down now and go through Fix It and Forget It Lightly and pick some recipes for this week.

I'll close with a great quote I picked up from one of the meeting members a few weeks back:

Many a mickle makes a muckle" - Scottish Proverb


That is to say, every little bit helps!

2 comments:

ElleBee said...

SO close to that BMI!! That's awesome, keep up your hard work and you'll be there before so know it!

Jenera said...

I would die without my crockpot! That and my electric skillet!

Congrats on the loss and being close to your BMI goal. I bet that feels awesome!