So, this weekend I'm off to indulge in my most anticipated excursion of the year. Fall shopping for clothes. Squeak! I plan on buying as inexpensively as I can – after all, I'll be going through the same wardrobe replacement process in about half a year's time – but I'm not going to scrimp on the shoes.
Here's what I plan on getting:
- Black leather shoes: good quality that'll last and go with just about anything.
- Winter jacket: nice and warm for the skiing I plan on doing! If I can find an inexpensive fall jacket, I might get one of those, too.
- Sweaters: as many as I can afford, I get so cold nowadays without my padding.
- Long-sleeve shirts: pretty and professional for the office and grocery shopping. I must look good wherever I go!
- Pants: two pair and again, for the office/glamorous grocery trips.
- Underwear: and not in the two sizes too big I accidentally bought the last time.
- PJs: you know your nightgown is too big for you when you bend forward and everyone can see everything from your bosom to your slippered feet.
- Scarf: purely for frivolous reasons. Some people love shoes, I love scarves.
Tonight I'm going to ruthlessly go through my closet and start a donation box. I'm going to keep those pre-WW jeans of mine (the ones that caused a near wardrobe malfunction the other day) as a memento though. There's a few sweaters that might pass muster, too. And I might even weed out my scarf collection. Everything else though? Donate, donate, donate!