Thursday, July 31, 2008

Crock pot emergencies

Meet the newest member of my crock pot family. The Hamilton Beach Set n' Forget programmable slow cooker.



It does beg the question, "Do I really need three slow cookers?" Yes, yes I do. What if a life-or-death emergency came up where I had to prepare three slow cooked meals but I only had one crock pot? It's a scary thought and one that keeps me up at night.

Anyways, this one came home with me last night. For today at least, it's on sale at Canadian Tire. Currently, it's bubbling away at home with its inaugural recipe: Slow-Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken from Kraft Canada. I'll let you know how it turns out.

UPDATE: First recipe was pretty successful. I overcooked the meal but not too badly. It's to be expected with new crock pots though. You never know if they're the "run hot" kind. Next time, I'll double the recipe and not cook it so long. Even still, it was great to come home from running in the pouring rain to a nummy warm dinner.

No comments: