Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Recruiting fair

I managed to get off work a bit early and made it to the recruiting fair at my Weight Watcher's centre. There were two really nice ladies from head office who went through a little presentation about how the shifts work, the perks you get, and what they pay. The pay isn't much, but the perks would make it worthwhile to me. I get to give back what I was given and I'd also get discounts.

There were two other members aside from me and we were all asked to say how much we had lost, what we liked most about Weight Watchers and what we did for a living. When I said how much I'd lost, there was gasps all around. One of the ladies said that I was such a small woman it was hard to imagine me looking heavy. That was a really nice compliment :)

Currently, they're looking for people to work during the day. As I'm only available in the evenings, I don't think it's likely that I'd be hired anytime soon. I still put in an application (for receptionist) for them to keep on file. Whenever there's spots available, they go through the applications and call the ones they're most interested in for an interview.

Even if I never get called, I still really enjoyed learning some of the behind-the-scenes details for leaders and receptionists. All in all, I think it went pretty well despite the fact I was sporting some pretty awesome helmet head from my scooter ride, hehe.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Good for you for going to it. Keeping my fingers crossed you get a call back. I think you would be great at it!

Kristen said...

what are some of the perks?

TinyTrim said...

Thanks Julie!

Kristen - basically, satisfaction from helping people, discount on products at the meeting, short shifts (2 to 3 hours), and a free subscription to eTools. Bear in mind that the discount and the subscription might not be offered in all regions.