Friday, July 6, 2007

Picking the worst weeks

I've been picking bad weeks to get serious about Curves. That's right, I didn't get out on Wednesday night. Nor yesterday, nor today. However, I'm bound and determined to get there tomorrow after weigh-in as per my usual routine. That'll make two times this week I've gone which is better than going once or not at all.

But, I'm okay with that. Spending time with my husband this week is much more important to me right now. He has to fill in for someone at work while they look for a replacement. Trouble is, he has to get up at 4 a.m. because of it. We only have one car, so I've been taking the bus. By the time I get home in the evening, we haven't seen each other in 16 hours. He's tired, I'm tired, we're both kinda grumpy. All we want to do is relax with each other and reconnect after a tiring day. I only have a slim window of opportunity to get us dinner and cuddle time before he goes to bed; if I go to Curves I wouldn't see him at all!

I did manage to get us out for a twenty-minute walk this evening which was nice. It's been hot and the cool night air was lovely. Hopefully I can get us out more next week; he'll still be on that shift but a few walks should help with that.

Oh, and my glasses? People have been complimenting me which is awesome!

No comments: