Thursday, July 5, 2007

Making yourself over, one day at a time

Last night I picked up my new glasses. The last time I bought glasses was ten years ago. Although my prescription has changed imperceptibly, I decided to get new glasses anyways. And what a difference they make! I feel hip, happening and yes, even younger!

With these new glasses, I came to the realization that I've been making myself over as I go. Weight loss isn't just about the pounds, it's about your attitude and how you feel about yourself. Some days are crappy, there's no doubt about that, but as time goes on those days are fewer and far between and you start to think you really are worth taking care of.

You buy some new clothes, you get a manicure, you actually start shaving your legs and washing your face, you get a new hairstyle, you order new glasses and the next thing you know, you're 28 lbs lighter and someone you want to take care of!

1 comment:

Jenera said...

I find myself doing more things to make myself look cute like I used to before getting married and gaining the weight. It's fun to feel more feminine I think. Now that you wear some of the cuter things and you have more confidence, it makes it all more fun.