Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Charms: 25lb and 30lb

My 25 lb charm finally arrived in the mail today. I also received a very special charm from my husband which has become my 30 lb charm. I've already added them to my milestone bracelet and my husband was kind enough to take a photo:


As with my other charms, these have meanings, too:
  • Starfish (25 lbs): The starfish is a symbol of rebirth and regeneration. We can regrow what was once missing, make new what was once incomplete. Starfish are also said to be reflections of the stars in the sky. By our actions today, we reflect what we are becoming. Stronger, prouder, and healthier. A true rebirth.
  • Heart (30 lbs): A special charm that reminds me that though I have fought hard, I still wouldn't be where I am today without the love and support of my husband. He has been with me every step of the way. Who praises me, loves me, and supports me without complaint or condition? That would be my very dear husband. Thank you, my love. You truly are my strength.
I have an idea of what my next charm will be, but first I've got to lose that next 5 lbs!

10 comments:

ElleBee said...

That is a great idea, a charm for each milestone of your journey!

marie said...

that is AWESOME. as someone who doesn't attend meeting, that would have been the perfect idea to reward myself with at every milestone.

WTG!

Leslie said...

Wow - it's SO pretty! Do you mind if I ask where your buying your charms from??

TinyTrim said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. It's a lot of fun choosing the charms and then seeing it on my wrist. It's a constant reminder of how far I've come!

All but one of my charms came from Friends Forever Charms:

http://www.friendsforevercharms.ca/

I ordered from them because they're a Canadian company. Shipping can be a little slow though but then I always choose the cheapest option.

And the heart charm came from the Bay!

Leslie said...

Thanks!!! It's a wonderful way to celebrate losing your weight and gaining *yourself* :)

Sonya said...

HI there, I hope you don't mind my posting a message. I just found your blog through someone elses.

I just wanted to say you just gave myself a great idea how to reward myself as I lose this weight!!! I love that you get charms for yourself. Fantastic!!!

Could I post a link so I can continue to read your blog?

Vanessa said...

I love your charm bracelet! What an awesome idea.

My blog has gone private...you can email me at emerald_skyz@hotmail.com if you want to read :)

Sonya said...

Absolutely you can add my blog your list on yours.

Thanks for the info about the virtual model. I think I might leave it as is now, but good to know for the future if I change my mind!

bye for now,
Sonya

Sonya said...

Man, I need to learn to proof read. Sorry :-S

angelafurniss said...

Hi:)

I found you blog through some else's. I just wanted to say that I love the charm idea!