Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sixty-third Weigh-in



It's amazing how much more relaxed I've become these days about the scale. I'm down .2 lbs and am perfectly happy with it. 62 lbs lost is a nice even number. I like even numbers!

At the meeting today we talked about getting more active. The excuses, the benefits, and why it's not only good for weight loss but good for our bodies in general. I don't normally talk a lot in the meeting, but since this is near and dear to my heart, I was a regular motor mouth!

I can't sing the praises of exercise enough. Yes, I still have to convince myself to go out some days. But I'm in the best shape of my life. Even better than when I was a skinny teenager.

When I walk, I feel the joy of movement, the muscles in my legs, the easy beating of my heart. The number on the scale means nothing compared to the feeling I get from enjoying the gifts my body has given me.

I can feel the wind go by when I run. It feels good. It feels fast.”
Evelyn Ashford, Olympic Champion

1 comment:

Paige'smom said...

YAY you!!!!

I gained a lb this week. I am not shocked. I had a feast of chocolate yesterday and TOM is coming early again this month.

No biggie.. a lb is peanuts compared to 5.

I read your post about 135 lbs. That must feel good for someone to see you at your goal before you are there.

How tall are you TT?