Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Goal and beyond: the reward

It's time to start seriously thinking about goal and life beyond goal. I'm in the last stretch. The home plate is only a powerslide away.

In the first part of what's likely to become a series of me talking to myself, I'd like to talk about a physical reward of getting to goal. Though I want to lose a bit more weight (that's another blog post in itself), I can't let the momentous accomplishment go by without something equally momentous to celebrate it.

Clothes shopping, spa, that sort of thing goes without saying. I plan on treating myself like a queen. But what I really want is something more personal and lasting: professional photos of my husband and myself.

You see, when we were married, I was overweight. I had to live with a dress I didn't really like because it was the only one that fit me in the shop. The photos of our wedding weren't very good to begin with and me stuffed in a dress only made the whole thing that much more embarrassing.

I really want to have lovely photos of my sweetie and I. Ones that I can be proud of and actually put on the wall and not hide in a box. So that's what I'm going to do. Hire a professional and get some candid portrait shots of my hunny and me. This time I'll look slim and hot and he won't be wearing a leg cast. And yes, that's a whole other story in itself ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! Congrats on your hard earned success. And while it may be a smidge early, welcome to maintenance.
I struggled for years with the idea of it... was stuck in weight-loss mode. But the last three years really have been maintenance for me, I just didn't know that's what I was doing. It's not that much different, but still a bit of a head trip.

Julie said...

That's a great reward!
I love that idea it's so different.

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the photos.

I have to say, I love my wedding photos. But I was very fat and there are some pics I just cannot look at.

Lisa aka water_nymph said...

that's a FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!!!!