Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back from the doctor's

This is a repost from the WeightWatchers.ca forums.

First of all, thank you to everyone who sent me well-wishes and thoughts. It really helped me get through the day with some sanity!

So I went to my appointment and my doctor doesn't know what's wrong with me. She did an abdominal exam and couldn't feel anything obviously inflamed or out of the ordinary.

As it could be any number of things, I was sent for a blood and urine test. I'm also being put on the waitlist for an ultrasound. If the ultra-sound appointment is too far off in the future (apparently they're overbooked right now), then she'll have me back in to discuss other tests.

And of course, if there's anything that shows up in my blood/urine results, I'll be called in for another appointment.

Lastly, I've been put on metamucil twice a day. I'm not as regular as I could be - this could be causing the problem. So, it's a big glass of fibre for me twice a day. We're both crossing our fingers that this is the cause of the problem because it's easy to fix.

All in all, even though I don't know what's wrong, I'm feeling much better. At least I know I'm not in any immediate need of a hospital.

So there you have it. More than you ever wanted to know about me and my innards. Oh, and I did get my cholesterol results...but I'll save that for another post because it's an NSV :)

No comments: