Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sixty-sixth Weigh-in



I'm down .8 lbs this week. Yep, I'm surprised. I even went back to wearing my regular (heavier) jeans. Ah well, after all this time I should know better than to try and predict what the scale will do. Maybe next week it'll catch up with me, and maybe it won't. I'm not going to worry about it though. Having an extra few weeks to get to goal is fine by me.

Speaking of which, I've been finding it hard identifying with myself nowadays. For the longest time I knew myself as a person who was obese. Now that I'm no longer obese, it feels like it happened in a blink of an eye. For ten years I was overweight, the next day...*poof*...I wasn't.

It's weird, I know. I've been working towards this for over a year now and yet it feels like my "new" body emerged within a month. I'll be walking and notice that my stomach isn't hanging out or my thighs aren't rubbing together and wonder "when did that happen?"

I've heard before that this is normal to feel this way and that it takes awhile for the brain to catch up with the changes in your body. I sure hope it happens soon. It's strange being a stranger in your own body.

1 comment:

Jenera said...

You have done so good! I think you've been so focused on eating right, getting in activity, living healthier, and all that and now you're in a groove and you're almost there so you're having that delayed reaction. You are finally being able to enjoy the new body and all the benefits you've reaped.

Congrats!!!