Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fifty-eighth Weigh-in



My lucky socks were out of the wash and on my feet today. I am down 2.2 lbs. Never underestimate the power of the sock*.

Since I've started the Wendie Plan, it seems like weight is just falling off me. It feels really good to see the scale dropping so quickly considering how slow it's been since January 1st.

Speaking of Wendie and eating...another member at the meeting today also discovered that sometimes eating more leads to losing more. She's a new-ish member, lost weight for the first two weeks, and has gained for the last month or so. She was so frustrated last week that it looked like she was about to quit. But she finally tried what our leader had been telling her - that she needed to eat more. And wouldn't you know it, she lost 3 lbs this week!

Eat more to lose more. Who woulda thunk it. Despite me telling this to many a newbie along the way, I'm finally getting it myself.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm still catching up with y'all, so keep your blogs peeled!


* Disclaimer: lucky socks should be used in combination with a healthy eating plan and exercise. Lucky socks are not meant as a substitute for medical advice provided by your physician, or other medical professional. Always follow instructions on lucky sock packaging. Failure to do so could lead to unintended side-effects such as wearing lucky socks on your ears. This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Ha! I love the disclaimer about the lucky socks!! I think I might look into the wendie plan since I find I need a boost right now. Things are going too slow.

Anonymous said...

2.2 pounds? FANTABULOUS!

I need to find my lucky sucks, for sure.