Wednesday, June 13, 2007

1 down, 2 to go

I managed to make it to Curves last night but just about left again when I entered the gym and found two of my most disliked things: an overtly fake saccharine-sweet condescending employee whom I'd been trying to avoid and Billy Ray Cyrus' Achy Breaky Heart playing on the circuit musak. After the entirely crappy and stressful day I had at work, it wasn't what I wanted.

However, ol' Billy was soon replaced by exceedingly better music (of the kind that doesn't make you stab your eye out with a rusted spoon) and the fake employee kept her distance while the awesome employee worked the circuit. Lastly, new Avon catalogs were left in the changeroom. While I don't buy Avon products, I adore flipping through catalogs of stuff I don't need. It's like reading a Harlequin romance but with more Skin So Soft.

All in all, a good workout and I'm glad I went. I'm planning on going again this Thursday and Saturday.

No comments: