Monday, June 4, 2007

Shopping Bliss

The other reason why the weekend was so busy is because I went shopping on Saturday after my weigh-in. Normally I hate shopping. Nothing ever fits or looks good. I'm coordination challenged. But, I'd been putting it off and putting it off until I realized that it was summer time and I really needed to replace a lot of my old dumpy rags.

Off I went to Penningtons with as open a mind as I could muster. As I started browsing the racks, I kept thinking "Wow, my eyes must've shrunk. A lot of this stuff looks too big for me!" Which is odd because last summer I was the loose end of 2X. Knowing my penchant for getting clothes that are a bit too big for me, I firmly vowed to get as small a size as I could that would show off my figure and yet not be too tight. With that in mind, I started picking size "X" off the racks on a lark. I had a huge armful when I headed to the change room.

At this point only one thing happens with an armful of clothing like that. Nothing fits. Nothing looks good. Except...everything DID fit. And everything LOOKED good, too. That never happens. Well, there was one shirt that looked major suckage but that's because it was TOO BIG!! I ended up having to hem and haw over which shirts and pants to get. (I may be thinner, but I'm still on a budget!)

I came away with three shirts, a pair of capris and a lovely necklace that I fell in love with. Not to mention the major NSV that I now fit into "X" sized clothing instead of 2X or even 1X. Eeee!

The day took a minor dive when I attempted the dread of every woman on this planet: bra shopping. Good grief, WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT? They really must make spray-on bras. Custom fit at the press of an aerosol. I could live with that.

Fortunately, the day picked up again when I found a new pair of sandals that looked great and went perfectly with my new duds.

Oh, shopping bliss! After successful days like this, I can believe clothes shopping is a GOOD thing.

PS
Size X!!!!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Hooray! I'm glad you had such a good shopping experience :D.

Jaime said...

I love clothing NSVs!!!! Way to Go!!

Jenera said...

That is fabulous!!! I'm sure the feeling of getting clothes in a smaller size was just the boost you needed to keep up the good work!! I can't wait until I get there.