Saturday, June 16, 2007

Nineteenth Weigh-in



I'm down another 1.2 lbs which means I'm in a whole new set of numbers. Bye-bye 180s, hello 170s! This also means I now weigh the same as I did when I got married seven years ago. Woot! The receptionist who weighed me in was super nice, too. She complimented me on the colour of my shirt and was genuinely happy for me on how well I'm doing. Most receptionists are great, but this lady was super great.

At the meeting itself, a lady mentioned she has a charm bracelet that she adds a charm to for every 10 lbs she loses. It reminded me of the last time I lost weight and how I kept a charm bracelet, too. Unfortunately, I hadn't been able to find my bracelet since we moved two years ago but I was inspired to look for it again. And you know what, I found it! It had fallen behind one of the drawers in my jewelery box.

It was nice to see the bracelet again. Firstly because it's a family heirloom; it was my mother's charm bracelet. And secondly because I could see how far I had gotten last time - 20 lbs altogether with one charm for every 5 lbs. It reminded me that I have lost weight before and I'm doing it again with ease and more success.

I'm going to start up a new charm bracelet, but this time it'll be an Italian charm bracelet. I've always wanted one and it'll fit my active lifestyle better than a traditional charm bracelet. For every 5 lbs lost, I'll get a new charm. I'll also get a new charm for milestones and other momentous achievements. I may wait until I get to 25 lbs lost before ordering the first batch, but we'll see :)

1 comment:

Jenera said...

Way to go!!!

Great idea on the bracelet too! It gives you something 'tangible' to see that you are losing-well other than the obvious body changes you'll be seeing.