Saturday, June 9, 2007

Curves Monthly Measurement - June

I confess I haven't been all that diligent about going to Curves. The summer weather has got me out and about so much with friends that there's been little time to go to Curves. Or, at least that's what I've been telling myself. I know if I tried harder, I could get to Curves at least three days a week as is recommended.

In the past four weeks, I've gone perhaps five times. Nowhere near the amount I should be going. I knew that it would affect my Curves measurement day but I wasn't sure by how much. After I got my chart at the end of my workout, I was surprised to see just how much not going to Curves regularly has affected the results. Check it out...

Since starting Curves, I've lost:
  • 22.5 inches
  • 21.0 pounds
  • 4.1% body fat
I know that seems great (and it is) but the figure that I'm always most interested in is the body fat percentage. It's only gone down .3% since last measurement day - that's not very much when you consider that I regularly lose 2% body fat per month. There's likely other factors in play here that could explain such a low loss, but I'd like to take this as a sign that I should be working harder in the muscle-building department.

With that in mind, I'm pledging right here and now to go to Curves three times this week.

1 comment:

Jenera said...

I know that just after missing two days at the gym I could 'feel' the difference. I tried to convince myself it was okay to take a break since I'd been going every day for a few weeks. But alas, with my issues, if I miss a day, it totally shows.