Friday, November 2, 2007

Thirty-eighth Weigh-in



I've come out from under my rock to finally post my last weigh-in. There's no two ways about it, I'm embarrassed. I've decided to post it and get it over with despite how sheepish I might feel. I'm up again, another .4 lbs. I know it's just a wee amount, but then I look over the last few months and it's distinctly becoming a trend.

I know I can certainly explain it away to my heart's content – work has been busy/stressful, I'm back on birth control meds, it was that time of the month, etc., etc. – but excuses only cut it so far when you're not really following the plan. I did it before when things were rough, why not now?

This week hasn't been any better. There's been one Halloween festivity after another. I even paid for it dearly the morning after a night of icing/eating Halloween cupcakes with friends. My stomach was in such knots that I took the day off work. Though that wasn't fun at all, I still ate badly on Halloween itself. Needless to say, I'm expecting another gain tomorrow.

So, what to do? I am reminded of a quote from my favourite movie...

When a job went wrong, you went back to the beginning.”
– Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

And that's what I'm going to do. Back to the beginning with me! Menu plans, tracking every morsel into my mouth, drinking water and exercising. All the good things that got me to where I am today. Because, despite my excesses this week and my hit-and-miss attitude of the last few months, I've still lost over 40lbs and should never lose sight of that.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay!! You posted... I've been worried! DONT be so down on yourself... sounds like you had a crazy couple of weeks in many ways, and a .4 gain (and whatever happens tomorrow) is no biggie. You know how to get back on the wagon, and you'll probably see a big loss NEXT week if you can stay onplan all week - sorta like the first week on WW!

You're a huge inspiration to me, and although I know it sucks, it's also comforting to see someone as devoted as you fall off the wagon sometimes... shows that the challenges are just as important as the victories. Don't see it as any sort of failure... just a lesson - this is just one more experience to learn from, you've seen the consequences but you're not letting it get you down - you're instead turning it around.

This makes you a smart cookie :)

Jenera said...

I've wondered where you've been. Glad to see you are alive!

The best thing for a perceived failure is to get it out there! Do not be embarrassed by any stumbling on this path. We all already know that it is a long process. If it was easy with no mess ups, we'd have no fat people, am I right?

I get off track a lot. I make excuses. But in the end, I get right back up and try again. You have done so well this whole time and you are allowed a couple mistakes as long as you learn from them.