Saturday, April 21, 2007

10 Things I Learned While I Was Away

  1. It's easy to drink water but hard to find clean restrooms.
  2. A "bad" food choice can still be on plan if eaten in moderation.
  3. Salmon from a fancy restaurant doesn't necessarily taste as good as homemade.
  4. Almonds and fruit leather are lifesaver snacks.
  5. I missed my skim milk, my oils, and yes, even my fruits and veggies more than I thought.
  6. When you recognize you're full, it's easier to say no to desserts.
  7. Hotels with complimentary gyms rock. P.S., treadmills are fun.
  8. Tim Hortons' breakfast sandwiches are greasy and yucky.
  9. Each food choice throughout the day is an opportunity to start fresh.
  10. I can go away for a few days and not blow-it completely.

1 comment:

Jenera said...

good for you for sticking to the plan as good as you did! I'm going to be out of town the next few days and I stocked up on good snacks for myself. Also the hotel we are going to has a fitness room so I can get my walking in!