Friday, April 13, 2007

If it isn't hunger...

If it isn't hunger, food won't fix it. I had to repeat that a lot today. It's a phrase my Weight Watchers leader taught us at a recent meeting. When stressed, angry, bored, sad or whatever, eating won't fix it. She didn't mention anything specifically about deadlines and clients, but I figgered repeating it HAD to work.

Repeating this mantra eventually worked but not before I ate myself sick on too many almonds. As a result, I spent the rest of the afternoon feeling stressed, yucky, and guilty. My leader was right. While three times the helping of almonds might've seemed good at the time, it certainly didn't fix anything.

I repented this evening as best as I could. Drank my water, ate my veggies. And, after journaling my food for the day (yes, even those almonds), it wasn't so bad after all. I didn't win the battle, but I didn't lose the war either. Yay for small victories.

No comments: