Monday, April 16, 2007

I want to ride my exercycle exercycle exercycle

Way back when in the days of skinnyness, I used to have an old clunker of an exercise bike that I picked up from Goodwill for $10. It clunked, it squeaked and you had to tighten the belt every few minutes. Regardless, I pedaled the summer away on it and had a good ol' time with it no matter what my bum might've said at the time.

Recalling these good memories, I've been researching bikes at Sears. I eventually picked out a mid-range Free Spirit exercycle. Although not top of the line when it comes to exercise bikes, this one has all the features I want: very quiet, built-in HRM, and computer-controlled tension. After trying it out in-store I came to a grudging realization: my old exercise bike was an instrument of torture. It's funny how memories can be so rosy and ignorant of the Geneva Convention at the same time.

I've been hemming and hawing over this new bike for a while now. I even resisted purchasing it when it went on sale a month ago or so. When it went on sale again this weekend and for even less than last month's sale, I knew it was a sign.

If the delivery gods are kind, it'll be ready for pickup this Thursday. And, as Queen so aptly put it, "Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today!"

No comments: