Monday, May 14, 2007

Bruschetta in a Bowl

Ah, I love it when the sun starts shining longer and all the fresh fruits and vegetables start coming out. Earlier this evening I thought, "This is barbeque and bruschetta weather!" And suddenly, I really really wanted some bruschetta.

Now, I don't usually wing things. I like recipes. That way, if it turns out to be an inedible mess, I can always blame the recipe. But wanting bruschetta and having a package of beautiful ripe cherry tomatoes, I didn't really have an excuse not to try.

So I decided to make a bruschetta salad. Quartered cherry tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Parmesan cheese and basil. And you know what? It actually tasted just like bruschetta except without the bread.

It felt really good to stand in a sunny kitchen and eat bruschetta out of one of my nice Chinese blue china bowls. When eating simple food like this, I can't help but think life is good.

No comments: