Saturday, May 19, 2007

Fifteenth Weigh-in, rewards and an NSV



Would you look at that!! I could hardly believe it when I weighed in today. I am down two pounds. Two pounds!! I am .2 of a pound away from getting to my 10% goal. Wow. I'm utterly flabbergasted and jazzed at the same time. I thought it'd be at least till the end of the month until I got this close.

And if that wasn't enough, take a look at my new charm! I received it at my meeting today as a commemoration of my 16-week joining anniversary. I didn't actually count my joining weigh-in when I first started blogging (too depressing!) but yes I've actually been on program for 4 months now! As a reward I bought myself something I've always wanted to get but didn't because it was too much of an indulgence. That's right. A history book. About pirates. Arr. (You think I'm kidding.)

To top it all off, someone else noticed that I had lost weight! My husband's coworker told him that I was looking really great and that she had meant to mention it to him the last time she saw me. Eeeheehee! I'm on cloud nine.

And as an aside, I went to my community rec centre's fitness room today; the first time I've gone to a real-ish gym since becoming overweight. I really wanted to get back on a treadmill again as well as give my new iPod shuffle an inaugural workout. I felt self-conscious at first, but I got right into it and did an hour on the treadmill. The shuffle worked out wonderfully and is absolutely the best present EVAR!

This has been quite the day :)

No comments: