Friday, May 11, 2007

My new Starbucks friend

Meet my new summer friend - a tall Mocha Frappuccino Light from Starbucks. Standing at the counter undecided, I took a gamble by ordering it. I was in too much of a rush to ask for the Nutritional Information and so I trusted to a faint memory of it having been discussed before on the Weight Watchers forums as being somewhat points-friendly.

Once I started drinking it I knew I had made a terrible mistake. Something this tasty - a light frosty deep cocoa-y blended coffee - couldn't be points friendly. I had fallen into a points trap again. Would I never learn?

However, once home in the comfort of the Internets, I found the NI (
calories 140, fat 1.5, fibre 3), ran it through the calculator and came up with a startling low value - just 2 points! And it even tastes good, too!

This discovery has come in the nick of time. I look forward to frosty blended drinks in the summer time and this will fit the bill nicely!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Woohoo! I'm going to have to try one of those...

Jenera said...

I have been getting the lights for months now for the simple fact I can enjoy the yummy goodness with half the calories and fat! HOwever I usually get a Venti and with the help of my nutrionist the goal is to only get talls only once a week-preferably only two a month. Isn't it wonderful!?