Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Photos can sometimes tell the truth

Yesterday my friend invited me out for an afternoon of kite flying (side note, it's a fun way to earn activity points) and she took a number of pictures which she sent to me this morning. One of the photos is a picture of me. As far as pictures taken of me goes, I don't look particularly glamorous. Wind-messed hair and the jeans/t-shirt look will do that no matter the skill of the photographer. Despite this, I kept sneaking peeks at it all day today. It's the first picture of me in a long time where I don't look utterly fat.

While the scale has told me that I've lost weight, I confess I don't really see it when I look at myself in the mirror. When you live in your body 24/7 (except in the rare cases of out of body experiences), you don't really notice the day-to-day changes. I may feel thinner, I may have people who've noticed I lost weight, I may have hard facts courtesy of Curves and Weight Watchers, I may have all of this, but I haven't been able to say without a doubt that I look thinner.

My brain must've known I was onto something when I kept stealing glances at the photo today. My logical mind told me that in order to get final proof, I had to suck it up and look through all the unflattering photos of me from last year. So I did.

The ugh factor aside, I can now say it without reservations: I look thinner. I AM thinner. Beyond a doubt. Beyond any doubt. I can see it at last. I LOOK THINNER!!!

At this point many of you are silently saying, "Post pics!" I will. I promise. Once I hit my 10% goal I'll post some before and after shots. In the meantime, I'm going to go stare at my friend's pic again.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

what an inspiring post!!! rings so true :) congrats!