Thursday, March 15, 2007

Inexpensive mini-rewards

After the reality of budget set in, I realized I needed to find some ways to reward myself without spending a lot of money. I did some brain-storming and here's what I've come up with:
  • Fun socks. I love pretty and patterned socks but never buy them because they're more expensive than plain old socks. But, they're not too expensive for mini-rewards!
  • Flowers. A single carnation, rose, or dahlia would be inexpensive and a luxury at the same time. (I never buy flowers either.)
  • Lip gloss. Something fun and fruity from the Body Shop or Fruits & Passion.
  • A trashy romance. Guilty pleasure yet I don't buy them anymore. A cheesy Harlequin romance and a bubble bath would be right up my alley.
  • A pretty (cheap) bracelet. I like browsing in places like Claire's and sifting through the cheap costume jewelery at the Bay. I ought to quit browsing and buy something pretty!
Can you tell yet that I'm pretty frugal when it comes to frivolities? That's the beauty of my list. I can "splurge" on the things my sensible brain won't usually let me buy.

Now all I have to do is earn some of these things. Where's that celery stick?

No comments: