Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Beck: Days 1 and 2

As mentioned in my previous post, I finally worked up to Day 2 of The Beck Diet Solution. Yeah, I'm a little embarrassed that it took me so long. Day 1 had me stalled big time. Though I had no problems writing up my reasons for losing weight, it was creating the reminder system that I had troubles with.

I don't like being attached to time. I like to flow along with the river. Me and reminder systems? Pffft. So being told I had to post reminders and postit notes all over the place with some very personal info on it wasn't my idea of realistic. So I sulked for a few days then realized I was being an "avoider" just like the book said. Busted!

I'm happy to say that I did come up with a reminder system that so far seems to be working. I typed my ARC into a text file that I have at home and at work. I installed a little program that pops up and reminds me at certain points of the day to read it. And for whenever I'm not around the computer, I've set an alarm on my watch.

Comparatively, Day 2 was a breeze. I know that the Flex plan on Weight Watchers works for me, so that's my first diet choice. My second choice is the Core plan. I also have a third choice just in case it was "cheating" to choose the same program.

Today I'm practicing Day 3. We'll see how that goes. I already messed up with the first thing I ate this morning, oops!

No comments: