Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bootcamp: Day 11

We started the night with a warm-up as usual, but the game was different. We had to do whatever the instructor said (don't we always?) kinda like Simon Says, but really fast. Run in one spot really fast, run sideways really fast, turn around in a circle really fast, turn the other way really fast, and so on. It was a lot of fun, but really dizzy, too!

The rest of the evening was pretty much par for the course. The only thing that really stands out for me was when we had to partner up and I got stuck with our instructor. You had to rest your elbows on your exercise ball while holding a knee plank position with the rest of your body. Then your partner kicks the crap out of the ball all while you try to hold the pose.

I got more than a few sympathetic looks and groans as our instructor is all leg muscle and man can she kick! I fell off the ball twice but I aimed to give as good as I got, so when it was my turn, I kicked like crazy. I wish I could say that I managed to get the ball away from her, but I can't. I was huffing and puffing and smacking that ball while she was leisurely holding on, looking at her stopwatch and yelling at everyone else to keep going. LOL. What a woman!

Play Along at Home: As part of your post-workout stretching routine, try something new - the Child's Pose. It's very relaxing and feels good for your lower back.

Duration: 01:17, Calories: 620, HR Average: 77%

No comments: