Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fifty-fifth Weigh-in



As one of my running clinic leaders is fond of saying....slowly, surely, successfully. I'm down another .6 lbs today and this time there was no fudging involved. I'm pretty sure I'd be down even more if it weren't for the fact that I'm (too much information coming) constipated. Work is to blame for that. When I get stressed, things go sideways with my intestines.

At any rate, I'm still pleased. Though the scale isn't moving quickly, I am showing a difference. People keep commenting that I appear "trim" (have I said how much I love that word?) every time they see me. And even, as was the case at my meeting today, people are really surprised that I'm not already at goal. I love people :)

I'll leave you all with a great quote one of the meeting members shared today:

Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.”
– Alexa Young


If you think about it, it's very profound. We can't change past mistakes – poor eating choices or otherwise – so why hold on to them?

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Lisa aka water_nymph said...

i've heard that quote before, but without the forgiveness part and was always confused by it lol..now i get it:)

way to go on the loss!! your tenacity is inspiring and im so glad you are getting the real life compliments you deserve:)