Friday, February 8, 2008

Bootcamp: Day 8

We were indoors for some of Bootcamp last night, but spent most of it on a little field trip. Our instructor had us run up to a local rec centre then do a bunch of exercises there with resistance bands. There's nothing like working out around a busy rec centre with parents and kids coming and going and gawking at you, hehe.

She'd have us to do some sort of exercise, then we'd have to run after her as she went ahead to another area. She used bike racks, curbs, stairs, trees, a hill, and so on as props to vary the exercises. The trees were the most fun despite the rain and the mud. We had to step on an exercise band with both feet, haul up the handles to our shoulders and then waddle, duck-like, around a bunch of trees. I did rather well at that, but wow, did I ever get muddy!

I also tried out my new Polar F6 last night for the first time. I think I paid more attention to the watch than I did Bootcamp, heehee. I'll say more about it in a separate review though. I'll get that up asap!

The rest of the evening was spent in the gym with core exercises and yoga. Another great night at Bootcamp!

Play Along at Home: An exercise ball is a great way to condition your core. In particular, our instructor loves to make us do crunches and back extensions.


Duration: 01:16, Calories: 523, HR Average: 71%

No comments: