Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bootcamp: Day 2

In case you missed it, I signed up for another Bootcamp class. This will make it twice a week! Tonight was the second class and I'm happy to report that it went just as well as the first one did. Even better because I had my honey along!

Though we did similar things as on Tuesday night, the only things that were exactly the same was the warm-up and the power-walk. The instructor knew that there would be a few people from her other class so she wanted to switch things up so we didn't work the same things in the same way.

For example, this time we played dodgeball. So. Much. FUN!!! I love stuff like that. It doesn't feel like exercising because it's like being a kid again. We did more upper body work but it wasn't the same muscles as we worked last time. We also spent more time using the exercise ball to strengthen our core. There were lots of other various exercises (too many to count!) working things I never knew I had.

But the best "new" thing we did was kick boxing! When she started on the kicking and punching, I knew my husband (remember him?) would be sold on the whole thing. He has a black belt in karate but doesn't practice any more. I could tell he really liked it. And I really liked it, too! Kicking is fun :)

The evening ended with yoga again, but slightly different poses. Hehe, I didn't do so well with some of them, but I wasn't too upset. Tiny Trim just don't bend that way! Or at least not yet. On the other side of the coin, my husband is a pretzel. You'd think he'd been doing yoga for years!

The verdict? Even though we worked the first hour entirely outside in the cold (there was a scheduling mixup with the gym), we both enjoyed it. I can't wait for next week!

1 comment:

Jenera said...

That's great! I would love to get into something like that with my hubby-schedules just don't allow it :( . I'm sure you'll both start reaping the benefits so quickly!