Friday, January 25, 2008

Bootcamp: Day 4

Last night's Bootcamp didn't go as well as the other nights. Everything was as it usually was (warmup, cardio, muscle training, yoga), but it was a real struggle for both my husband and I to keep up with it.

I think it was a combination of things. It's been a long week for us and the running clinic was the night before. Basically, we're pooped! I also think I might have hurt something. Something isn't quite right with one of my shins and I'm thinking I've overused it between spinning, Bootcamp, and the running clinic.

Speaking of the running clinic, I didn't realize it, but aside from the actual clinic night, we're expected to do two additional training runs every week. My husband, being good at math, calculated that I'd be pounding my body six days a week with high intensity workouts if I keep going the way I'm going.

As a result, I'm considering dropping the second night of Bootcamp. I want to get in shape, but I don't want to hurt myself or burn out doing it. Hmmm...decisions, decisions. I know it's not really quitting, but it sure feels like it :/

2 comments:

Paige'smom said...

Wow.. look at you go with all the exercise..

which clinic are you doing with the RR?

I did the WLTR last summer.. and loved it..but could not finish it due to injury :(

TinyTrim said...

Thanks for stopping by!

We're doing a clinic with our local rec centre (so not with the Running Room, hehe, it took me until today to figure out what "RR" meant!). We're training to run/walk a 10k. By the end of the clinic we should be able to run 9 minutes, walk 1 minute. Eek!