Thursday, January 31, 2008

Me on a Book Buying Trip

I bought a new book today. I went looking for the Beck book many people have been blogging about, but Chapters didn't have it. Instead, I bought You on a Diet. I've heard good things about it and have been meaning to buy it for ages. Since I'm taking a night off, I thought it would be a nice treat to sit at home with my kitties and read.

I almost didn't buy the book. When I started browsing the diet section, I felt embarrassed to be there...heck, I felt embarrassed for the legitimate books to be there. There were shelves of hokey looking books all claiming to have "the answer." In fact I think there was a book called "the answer." Many of them looked like they came off the cover of the National Enquirer and looked too good to be true. Drink tea to lose weight? Do it without exercising? Sign me up!

But of course, who am I to say what's legitimate? No doubt some of you are looking at the book that I just bought and thinking the same thing, hehe.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to my night off. The guilt at skipping Bootcamp tonight is fading. I didn't realize just how much I desperately needed a night off. I'll let everyone know what I think of the book later.

2 comments:

JessiesBlog said...

I know what you mean about feeling weird in that section of chapters i always feel that way when i'm in the "self help" section lol but they have some really good books there!!
Good for you for taking a night of! Enjoy it!

Jenera said...

I can't wait to see what you have to say. I've looked at that same book a few times but haven't really talked myself into getting it.