Monday, January 14, 2008

Leg benders....hurt.

Ooof. This morning I'm reaping what I pedaled yesterday. The inside of my thighs hurt just above my knees. And my bum is also smarting, but not too badly. I can't imagine what everyone elses' bums must be feeling! Walking around is fine, but going downstairs is challenging to say the least!

But all in all, I'm not hurting too badly considering. Lots of water and gentle walking and I'll be right as rain!

Aside from my spinning class this weekend, I also tried the new Quaker Weight Control oatmeal. I was going to post a full review, but since I don't have anything positive to say about it, I'll instead post a link to a thread on the WeightWatchers.ca board where other people have posted their thoughts. Some people liked it and some people didn't. If you like instant oatmeal in general, it might be worthwhile trying it. But if you're like me and aren't keen on it to begin with, stay away from the Weight Control oatmeal!

Also, I wound up taking back my new Weight Watchers scale. Though there were a number of things that bugged me about it, I was almost willing to live with it. But it earned a fail in the two things that are most important to me: it wasn't consistent and its accuracy was off by two to three pounds depending on how it was feeling that particular second. I was also backsliding into scale obsessiveness over .2 increments (even though I knew the scale wasn't accurate). So, I'm sticking with my ol' antiquated Health-o-Meter scale that works just fine. I spent the money instead on a new jacket from MEC. Unlike a scale, the MEC jacket makes me look hawt and athletic :)

1 comment:

Shrunk said...

Nice jacket! Weird what your WW scale was doing. Mine's worked perfectly for over a year.