Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New year, new goals

This being the first day of 2008, I've been thinking a lot about all the new things I'd like to try and all the goals I'd like to accomplish this year.

So, in no particular order, here's my top ten list of health and fitness goals I'd like to achieve this year:
  1. Get to my goal weight
  2. Take a spinnning class
  3. Run a 10k
  4. Take a yoga class
  5. Take a step class
  6. Go on a treeGO obstacle course
  7. Be able to complete one or more chinups*
  8. Do a bootcamp
  9. Better my walking time in the half-marathon
  10. Swim lots! And without embarrassment!
So far, I've already decided to sign-up for a few classes this January: a learn-to-spin class (thanks for the inspiration, Ro!) and a 10k running clinic. I'd be signed up now if it weren't for the stat holiday.

Needless to say, 2008 is looking great and I'm excited to see what new things I can accomplish. So Happy New Year everyone! Let's get out there and achieve our goals. We can do it!


* My husband has a chinup bar. As of this writing, the most I can do is grasp the handles and go purple in the face. I'm still working on that whole "lifting yourself up off the ground" thing. Apparently, it's necessary in order to do this thing called a "chin up."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my first pretending to stalk you thread...the GDT is filled with hilarity!