Thursday, January 10, 2008

A big list of updates

There's been so much that's been going on this week that I've been meaning to write about, so I thought I'd get it all out there point-form.

  • I signed up for that learn-to-spin class and it starts this Sunday. Nervous and excited? Ya!
  • I also signed up for the 10k running clinic. Except I chose the walk/run option because I'm a little skeered of starting out running right away.
  • I bought a new Weight Watchers scale. I'm not sure why I did that because now I'm obsessing over smaller increments, haha. There's a few other things about it that I'm not liking - the accuracy is rather suspect (it keeps jumping all over the place) and the numbers are low-contrast so I can't see them unless I have my glasses on (I weigh myself straight out of bed sans glasses and consciousness). And now that I look at it, the product shot is misleading. The numbers aren't black at all. I'm leaning towards taking it back, but want to see how it compares on weigh-in day.
  • I'm back into using my exercise bike more but haven't yet reached my 1000km goal. Why'd I set it so high??? Anyways, since I bought the bike, I've pedaled for 1,855 minutes, traveled for 620.15 kilometres and have burned 22,255.6 calories.
  • I tried out my new 10-minute solution video. It's official. I fail at exercise videos that aren't made by Leslie Sansone. The cats were highly amused though. Until I ran into one accidentally. I'm impressed with the DVD menu though. There's a nice bit of coding in it which allows you to select as many of the 10-minute videos as you want and play them in the order you want. When I finally find the button that turns my coordination on, maybe I'll try it again.
  • Quaker's Weight Control Oatmeal (as seen on the Biggest Loser) is now in Canada. I found it at my local supermarket. I haven't tried it yet. That's because I forgot I had it. But it's on the counter for tomorrow morning's breakfast. I'll post a review later.
  • The January/February issue of Weight Watchers magazine is in stores now. I picked mine up at Walmart at an awesome price. I'd forgotten they were selling magazines and books at US prices.
And that's it for now!

No comments: